One way to bring elegance in your floor at home is to don it with carpet. There are a lot of carpet options that you can choose from; and that it is essential that you will pick the right color, design, as well as material that will perfectly blend to your homes. Yet, there will always be times where it can’t be helped that you accidentally soil your carpet with a spilled drink, or that of dirt stained by your footwear will stick on your carpet. As time passes by, all these will somehow reduce the beauty of your carpet.
It is for this reason that you need to hire a professional carpet cleaner that will see to it that when times come where your carpet becomes dirty, then you can call someone to help you clean it in the safest way possible. Proper care is essential in the way your carpet is cleaned so that you will never have to worry about what will happen to it in the end.
We’ve all accidently spilled drinks on our carpets, or stained them by tracking dirt in from outside. What most of us haven’t done, however, is buy a professional carpet cleaning solution to use in these situations. Fortunately, you might not have to buy anything at all to get your carpet looking like new again. You can make your own homemade carpet cleaning solution with a few household items. Here are a few ways to get started:
Synthetic Carpet Cleaners
Note: Dip a white cloth into these solutions and apply to the stain. Never pour the solutions directly onto carpeting.
- Detergent solution:Mix 1/4 teaspoon of a translucent liquid dishwashing detergent, such as Dawn or Joy, into one cup of lukewarm water.
- Vinegar solution:Mix one cup of white vinegar with two cups of water.
- Solvent solution:Use an oil solvent. Or substitute nail-polish remover, such as Cutex Quick & Gentle non-acetone polish remover.
- Ammonia solution:Mix one tablespoon of clear household ammonia with 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Baking sodaworks to remove pet stains. Just sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over the soiled section, and then let it sit for a couple hours before vacuuming.
- Club sodaalso works well, but may have to be applied with a cleaning solution several times before a stain is removed. Start by blotting the section before pouring the club soda over it. Once the solution has stopped fizzing, immediately blot the spot again, repeating as necessary.
- Diluted bleachcan help too. Just use 10 parts water to one part bleach. Spray the solution on the stain, and then let it sit for 15 seconds before thoroughly rinsing the area with warm water. If you can still see the stain, repeat the process until the spot is gone. Get to learn more of simple carpet cleaning tips you can do at home, at this site.
Learning of the tips and tricks on how you can perfectly clean up your carpet will assure you of great results you will be happy to see. You can always feel pleased with the fact that you are going to get an old carpet that will look brand new. Relying on a professional to help you in carpet cleaning is what is totally essential which you need to do.
Most carpets are stain-resistant, meaning that the manufacturer has treated them to reduce staining. However, no carpet is stain-proof. Over time, the carpet’s fibers trap dirt, oils and bacteria, which can discolor the material and cause unpleasant odors and stains. Use a few tips, tricks and secrets to steam clean your carpets, as needed, and then keep them cleaner longer with some simple suggestions for the whole family.
Test a hidden area of your carpet, such as inside a closet, before using an extra-strength or homemade steam-cleaning product to make sure that it does not burn the carpet or lift the color. Steam cleaning is hard work. There’s a lot of back and forth movement and bending; you’ll also be lifting and carrying buckets to empty and refill the dirty and clean water — don’t forget to stretch before, during and after this physically demanding chore. Contact the manufacturer of your steam cleaner to ask for recommended or non-chemical cleaning solutions. If you venture out on your own and use homemade concoctions or non-recommended solutions, they could void the cleaner’s warranty.
Loose dirt and grime hides in carpeting. Vacuum the floors before you set to work with the steam cleaner. By running the vacuum cleaner slowly and repeatedly over one area at a time, you will reduce the amount of dirt or “mud” pushed through the carpet by the steam cleaning process. As a metter of course, blot stains as they happen; club soda or a mixture of one part white vinegar with three parts water remove colorful stains, such as red wine, pop and juice.
Sometimes the simplest cleaning solutions are right under your nose — or, in this case, right out of the tap or inside of the kitchen cupboard. Because steam already reduces or destroys most bacteria, pure water may be all you require to freshen your rugs. Use baking soda to remove odors and stains: dissolve 1-tsp baking soda in a cup of water to pour on pet stains or other smelly messes before steam cleaning. Don’t steam clean on humid summer days or cold winter days. On warm, dry days, you will be able to dry the carpeting and air out the space. This avoids an overly steamy home by opening windows. Additional tips are also found here: http://carpetcleaninglongview.com/carpet-steam-cleaning-tips-tricks-and-secrets-make-keeping-your-carpets-clean-easier/.
Carpet cleaning is a daunting task, and that is why, you need to always get a professional carpet cleaner that will be able to help you get through the problems posed by a dirty carpet. You need to also learn of the tips and tricks on how you can maintain the beauty of your carpet even amidst the wear and tear that it faces each single day. It is best that you get to understand the different means on how your carpet is always maintained to look its best.